Install Annotate for Word 2007/2010/2013 (Windows)
You can install Annotate in two easy steps. Click the down-arrow to see the details of each step:
Step 1: Download and Install Microsoft .NET
- Windows 7 and Windows 8 users can skip this step – the necessary software is built into your OS. However, you may need to give “Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1″ permission to operate. Read the FAQ on this step.
Microsoft Windows XP and Vista users need a free component from Microsoft, called “.NET” in order for Annotate to work. This component is included in Windows 7 and Windows 8. The link below is to the latest and greatest version from Microsoft. You must have .NET installed on your computer in order to install Annotate.
Depending on your Internet connection speed, this download might take a few minutes. You may also need Administrator rights on your PC.
- Download Microsoft NET 3.5 (required)
- Follow the installation instructions. The installation can take a few minutes. Don’t worry, you won’t have to repeat this process if you upgrade your version of Annotate at a later date.
Step 2: Download and Install Annotate for Word 2007/2010/2013
Installing Annotate for Word 2007/2010/2013 is simple: download the free College Edition version from a link below, OR use the PRO or Legal Writing version we sent to you after purchase.
Download the appropriate zip file, double-click it, follow the extraction instructions, and run the setup.exe program. The setup program will install a few more necessary components along with Annotate. Then open Microsoft Word 2010/2013 and you’ll have Annotate!
There are detailed, step by step instructions below to help you.
- If you are upgrading to a new version of Annotate and have edited your Comment Library, make sure you back it up before proceeding. Find out how in this detailed FAQ. If you proceed without taking this step, you will lose any changes you’ve made to your Comment Library.
- Download the appropriate Annotate for Word 2010-2013 setup Program
- If you have purchased a PRO Edition of Annotate, we’ll email you a personalized PRO Edition installer within one business day of your purchase. Use this file to proceed.
- Or, if you’d like to try the FREE version of the College Edition, download the appropriate version from:
- Unzip to a directory on your computer (you can save it anywhere – just make sure you can find it! Save this file for easy installation on the other computers you use)
- Double-click the setup.exe file
- Click ‘Ok’ to install the various components and also Annotate for Word 2010
- After the installation has completed, open Microsoft Word 2010
- The first time you open Microsoft Word, you should be asked to approve a new program - Annotate. Click ‘Okay’ to approve the program.
- The Annotate tab should be to the right of the Home tab.
Note: if Annotate correctly installs but the buttons are all blank you need to take an additional step. Please visit this FAQ for help.
- Start creating great feedback!
- Consider “Liking” us on Facebook to stay up on updates and help spread the word 11trees.
- Visit the Annotate for Word for WINDOWS Support page for more info on using Annotate.
- Use the Contact Us button to report any issues with installation. Upgrading the add-in is quite easy once it is installed, so as we add and tweak features you’ll be able to benefit.